Posts Tagged ‘Small Things With Great Love’
On the CBS Evening News, Scott Pelley interviewed Nazi death camp survivor Elie Weisel about “Peace on Earth”. Mr. Weisel suggested that it is up to all of us as individuals to be part of bringing about world peace by simple gestures like helping others. “Sometimes a handshake has the power of a [olive] branch” says Mr. Weisel. Watch the full video HERE.
I wonder (as Scott Pelley would say) how we can continue with our small acts of kindness and simple heroism to bring Peace on Earth. I think I may just have found a resolution for 2013.
What about you?
In the wake of the horrible events of this past Friday, it is easy for us to get choked in fear, disillusionment, and think there is no good anywhere. A friend posted this link on facebook as a reminder that there are still people doing good things. We need to remember this. We need to be part of it. Find something you can do to make a difference in someone’s life. You won’t regret it, I promise. If you need some ideas, read the article HERE.
- You Don’t Need a Special Occasion to Brighten Someone’s Day (berries.com)
- Must see the good in life (beyoutifuldep.wordpress.com)
- John Goerzen: The world is still a good place (changelog.complete.org)
Just as we can’t fathom how one person could be so ruthless, we hear stories of great love and compassion, as this one from a small town in Texas. Families who have taken it upon themselves to care for children who are in desperate need of family and love. If you need some good news about humanity, read the full article HERE.
Making news around the world, the picture of a NYC cop on his beat, buying shoes for a homeless man, stole everyone’s hearts. If you haven’t seen the interview with the officer, you need to watch this! Someone who was “raised right”, according to his grandfather’s advice…his kindness will be remembered by many, not just the man he bought the shoes for, thanks to a tourist photographer. Click on the link below to watch the story.
- Officer Larry DePrimo, who gave homeless man warm boots, honored by NYPD (newsday.com)
- NYPD Officer Puts Boots on Homeless Man, Photo Goes Viral (thebuzzcincy.com)
- Good Samaritan NYPD officer credits his grandfather with inspiring him to give … – Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- An officer – AND a gentleman: NYPD officer’s generosity goes viral – Catholic Online (catholic.org)
- Random Act of Kindness – Heartwarming Photo of NYPD Officer Buying Boots for Homeless Man. Video. (motleynews.net)